Terms and Conditions of www.directaffinity.net
These Terms govern
- the use of www.directaffinity.net, and,
- any other related Agreement or legal relationship with the Owner
in a legally binding way. Capitalized words are defined in the relevant dedicated section of this document.
The User must read this document carefully.
Any other contract or agreement entered into between the Owner and the Sellers shall always prevail over the provisions of these Terms. Therefore, in such cases, these Terms shall apply only residually and in accordance with applicable provisions in such agreements or contracts.
Www.directaffinity.net is provided by:
DirectAffinity - 6 avenue Auguste Renoir 91320 Wissous, France
Owner contact email: email@example.com
Information about www.directaffinity.net
DirectAffinity is a web application for dating between people who are looking for generosity and people who are willing to be generous. DirectAffinity also offers a range of services which can remunerate its users who are looking for generosity.
"Www.directaffinity.net" refers to
- this website, including its subdomains and any other website through which the Owner makes its Service available;
- the Service;
What the User should know at a glance
- The Service/www.directaffinity.net is only intended for Consumers.
- The right of withdrawal only applies to European Consumers. The right of withdrawal, also commonly called the right of cancellation in the UK, is consistently referred to as “the right of withdrawal” within this document.
- Usage of www.directaffinity.net and the Service is age restricted: to access and use www.directaffinity.net and its Service the User must be an adult under applicable law.
How www.directaffinity.net works
Www.directaffinity.net helps Users to find Products offered by Sellers that best meet their needs. To this end, www.directaffinity.net selects best matching Sellers and introduces them to Users.
The Owner benefits from its brokering activity only if such activity results in a concluded contract or transaction between the Users and the Sellers. Only in such cases will the Owner charge a fee according to the criteria specified on www.directaffinity.net.
By accepting the Terms, Users fully and unconditionally release and forever discharge the Owner, its officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual or consequential, direct or indirect), whether now known or unknown, of every kind and nature relating to, arising out of or in any way connected with:
- disputes between Users, or any other person or entity,
- the Products’ use, including, without limitation, any and all claims that such use violates any of Seller’s intellectual property rights, copyrights, rights of publicity or privacy, “moral rights,” or rights of attribution and integrity, or
- Users’ activity on www.directaffinity.net, including, but not limited to, Users’ legal capacity, ability to complete a transaction, or pay the associated costs. User acknowledges and agrees that the Owner has no control over, and shall have no liability for any damages resulting from, the use or misuse by any other person or entity of any Products.
If the Owner becomes aware of any Products that allegedly may not conform to the Terms, the Owner may investigate the allegation and determine in its sole discretion whether to take action in accordance with the Terms. The Owner has no liability or responsibility to Users for performance or nonperformance of such activities. The Owner has the absolute right to remove and/or delete without notice any Products within its control that it deems objectionable. Users consent to such removal and/or deletion and waive any claim against the Owner for such removal and/or deletion. The Owner is not responsible or liable for failure to store posted content or other materials Users may transmit through www.directaffinity.net. Users shall take measures to preserve copies of any data, material, content or information such User posts on www.directaffinity.net. Any identity verification methods the Owner employs is strictly on a best efforts basis and shall not be relied upon by Users.
The Service of www.directaffinity.net is provided at no monetary cost to Buyers. Products offered by the Owner or by Sellers via www.directaffinity.net are marked as such.
These Terms only apply to the described usage of www.directaffinity.net as a platform.
Terms, conditions and any other provision applying specifically to transactions between Buyers and Sellers are specified by each Seller.
Single or additional conditions of use or access may apply in specific scenarios and in such cases are additionally indicated within this document.
By using www.directaffinity.net, Users confirm to meet the following requirements:
- Users must qualify as Consumers;
- Users must be recognized as adult by applicable law;
- Users aren’t located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist-supporting” country;
- Users aren’t listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
To use the Service Users must register or create a User account, providing all required data or information in a complete and truthful manner.
Failure to do so will cause unavailability of the Service.
Users are responsible for keeping their login credentials confidential and safe. For this reason, Users are also required to choose passwords that meet the highest standards of strength permitted by www.directaffinity.net.
By registering, Users agree to be fully responsible for all activities that occur under their username and password.
Users are required to immediately and unambiguously inform the Owner via the contact details indicated in this document, if they think their personal information, including but not limited to User accounts, access credentials or personal data, have been violated, unduly disclosed or stolen.
Conditions for account registration
Registration of User accounts on www.directaffinity.net is subject to the conditions outlined below. By registering, Users agree to meet such conditions.
- Accounts registered by bots or any other automated methods are not permitted.
- Unless explicitly permitted, a User account may not be shared with other persons.
Users can terminate their account and stop using the Service at any time by doing the following:
- By using the tools provided for account termination on www.directaffinity.net.
Account suspension and deletion
The Owner reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or delete at any time and without notice, User accounts which it deems inappropriate, offensive or in violation of these Terms.
The suspension or deletion of User accounts shall not entitle Users to any claims for compensation, damages or reimbursement.
The suspension or deletion of accounts due to causes attributable to the User does not exempt the User from paying any applicable fees or prices.
Content on www.directaffinity.net
Unless where otherwise specified or clearly recognizable, all content available on www.directaffinity.net is owned or provided by the Owner or its licensors.
The Owner undertakes its utmost effort to ensure that the content provided on www.directaffinity.net infringes no applicable legal provisions or third-party rights. However, it may not always be possible to achieve such a result.
In such cases, without prejudice to any legal prerogatives of Users to enforce their rights, Users are kindly asked to preferably report related complaints using the contact details provided in this document.
Rights regarding content on www.directaffinity.net - All rights reserved
The Owner holds and reserves all intellectual property rights for any such content.
Users may not therefore use such content in any way that is not necessary or implicit in the proper use of the Service.
In particular, but without limitation, Users may not copy, download, share (beyond the limits set forth below), modify, translate, transform, publish, transmit, sell, sublicense, edit, transfer/assign to third parties or create derivative works from the content available on www.directaffinity.net, nor allow any third party to do so through the User or their device, even without the User's knowledge.
Where explicitly stated on www.directaffinity.net, the User may download, copy and/or share some content available through www.directaffinity.net for its sole personal and non-commercial use and provided that the copyright attributions and all the other attributions requested by the Owner are correctly implemented.
Any applicable statutory limitation or exception to copyright shall stay unaffected.
Content provided by Users
The Owner allows Users to upload, share or provide their own content to www.directaffinity.net.
By providing content to www.directaffinity.net, Users confirm that they are legally allowed to do so and that they are not infringing any statutory provisions and/or third-party rights.
Further insights regarding acceptable content can be found inside the section of these Terms which detail the acceptable uses.
Rights regarding content provided by Users
Users acknowledge and accept that by providing their own content on www.directaffinity.net they grant the Owner a non-exclusive, fully paid-up and royalty-free license to process such content solely for the operation and maintenance of www.directaffinity.net as contractually required.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, Users waive any moral rights in connection with content they provide to www.directaffinity.net.
Users acknowledge, accept and confirm that all content they provide through www.directaffinity.net is provided subject to the same general conditions set forth for content on www.directaffinity.net.
Users are solely liable for any content they upload, post, share, or provide through www.directaffinity.net.
Users acknowledge and accept that the Owner filters or moderates such content in a preventative manner.
Therefore, the Owner reserves the right to refuse, censor, remove, delete, block or rectify such content at its own discretion and to deny access to www.directaffinity.net to the uploading User without prior notice, if it considers such content to infringe any applicable legal provision or third party right, or to otherwise represent a risk for Users, third parties, the Owner and/or the availability of the Service.
The removal, deletion, blocking or rectification of content shall not entitle Users that have provided such content or that are liable for it, to any claims for compensation, damages or reimbursement.
Users agree to hold the Owner harmless from and against any claim asserted and/or damage suffered due to content they provided to or provided through www.directaffinity.net.
Access to provided content
Content that Users provide to www.directaffinity.net is made available according to the criteria outlined within this section.
Publicly available content
Content meant for public availability shall be automatically made public on www.directaffinity.net upon upload or, at the sole discretion of the Owner, at a later stage.
No personal data, identifier or any other information related to Users, except for a pseudonym of their choice (such as a nickname or avatar) shall appear in connection with the published content, unless Users decide otherwise on their own initiative.
Private content provided by Users shall stay private and will not be shared with any third parties or accessed by the Owner without the User’s explicit consent.
Content for determined audiences
Content meant to be made available to specific audiences may only be shared with such third parties as determined by Users.
No personal data, identifier or any other information related to Users, except for a pseudonym of their choice (such as a nickname or avatar) shall appear in connection with the content, unless Users decide otherwise on their own initiative.
Users may (and are encouraged to) check on www.directaffinity.net to find details of who can access the content they provide.
Access to external resources
Through www.directaffinity.net Users may have access to external resources provided by third parties. Users acknowledge and accept that the Owner has no control over such resources and is therefore not responsible for their content and availability.
Conditions applicable to any resources provided by third parties, including those applicable to any possible grant of rights in content, result from each such third parties’ terms and conditions or, in the absence of those, applicable statutory law.
Www.directaffinity.net and the Service may only be used within the scope of what they are provided for, under these Terms and applicable law.
Users are solely responsible for making sure that their use of www.directaffinity.net and/or the Service violates no applicable law, regulations or third-party rights.
Therefore, the Owner reserves the right to take any appropriate measure to protect its legitimate interests including denying Users access to www.directaffinity.net or the Service, terminating contracts, reporting any misconduct performed through www.directaffinity.net or the Service to the competent authorities – such as judicial or administrative authorities - whenever Users are suspected to be in violation of any laws, regulations, third-party rights and/or these Terms, including, but not limited to, by engaging in any of the following activities:
- pretending to fulfill any possible condition or requirements for accessing www.directaffinity.net and/or using the Services, such as for instance being adult according to law or qualifying as a Consumer;
- concealing their identity or stealing someone else's identity or pretend to be or represent a third-party, if not allowed to do so by such third-party;
- manipulating identifiers to disguise or otherwise conceal the origin of their messages or of the content posted;
- defaming, abusing, harassing, using threatening practices, threatening or violating the legal rights of others in any other way;
- promoting activity that may endanger the User’s life or the life of any other User or lead to physical harm. This includes but is not limited to suicide threats or instigations, intentional physical trauma, the use of illegal drugs, or excessive drinking. Under no circumstance is any User allowed to post any content promoting and/or encouraging and/or showing any self-destructive or violent behavior on www.directaffinity.net;
- probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of www.directaffinity.net, including the services or any network connected to the website, nor breaching the security or authentication measures on www.directaffinity.net, including the services or any network connected to www.directaffinity.net;
- installing, embedding, uploading or otherwise incorporating any malware into or via www.directaffinity.net;
- using www.directaffinity.net or the technical infrastructure in an abusive, excessive or otherwise inappropriate way (for example: for spamming purposes);
- attempting to disrupt or tamper with the technical infrastructure in a manner that harms or places an undue burden on www.directaffinity.net or the Service;
- offering Products via www.directaffinity.net that cannot legally be sold or that are currently not available for sale (e.g. not in stock);
- manipulating the price of Products offered or failing to deliver Products sold;
- instigating other Users to complete a transaction started on www.directaffinity.net outside of www.directaffinity.net in order to save any applicable service fees;
- adopting any automated process to extract, harvest or scrape information, data and/or content from www.directaffinity.net and all the digital properties thereto related unless where explicitly allowed to do so by the Owner;
- disseminating or publishing content that is unlawful, obscene, illegitimate, libelous or inappropriate;
- publishing any content that promotes, either directly or indirectly, hate, racism, discrimination, pornography, violence;
- disseminating or publishing any content that is false or may create unjustified alarm;
- using www.directaffinity.net to publish, disseminate or otherwise provide content protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to patent, trademark or copyright law, unlawfully and without the legitimate right-holder’s consent;
- using www.directaffinity.net to publish, disseminate or otherwise make available any other content which infringes on any third-party rights, including but not limited to state, military, trade or professional secrets and personal data;
- publishing any content or carrying out any activity that disrupts, interrupts, harms, or otherwise violates the integrity of www.directaffinity.net or another User's experience or devices. Such activities include: spamming, distributing unauthorized advertisements, phishing, defrauding others, spreading malware or viruses etc.;
- publishing or otherwise disseminating false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libellous content regarding any Products offered via www.directaffinity.net;
- misappropriating any account in use by another User;
- harvesting or collecting any personally identifying information of other Users including but not limited to their email addresses or contact information, by circumventing the privacy setting of other Users’ accounts on www.directaffinity.net or by any other means;
- using any information relating to other Users, including personal or contact data, for purposes other than those www.directaffinity.net is intended for;
Commercial use restrictions
- registering or using www.directaffinity.net in order to promote, sell or advertise products or services of any kind in any way;
- indicating or trying to imply in any manner, that a User stands in a qualified relationship with www.directaffinity.net or that www.directaffinity.net has endorsed the User, the User’s products or services or any third party's products and services for any purpose;
Www.directaffinity.net gives Users the opportunity to receive advantages if, as a result of their recommendation, any new User purchases a Product offered on www.directaffinity.net.
To explore all applicable details and conditions, Users may consult the dedicated terms and conditions inside the respective section of www.directaffinity.net.
The Owner reserves the right to end the offer at any time at its own discretion.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
Some of the Products provided on www.directaffinity.net, as part of the Service, are provided on the basis of payment.
The fees, duration and conditions applicable to the purchase of such Products are described below and in the dedicated sections of www.directaffinity.net.
To purchase Products, the User must register or log into www.directaffinity.net.
Prices, descriptions or availability of Products are outlined in the respective sections of www.directaffinity.net and are subject to change without notice.
While Products on www.directaffinity.net are presented with the greatest accuracy technically possible, representation on www.directaffinity.net through any means (including, as the case may be, graphic material, images, colors, sounds) is for reference only and implies no warranty as to the characteristics of the purchased Product.
The characteristics of the chosen Product will be outlined during the purchasing process.
Any steps taken from choosing a Product to order submission form part of the purchasing process. The purchasing process includes these steps:
- By clicking on the checkout button, Users open the Stripe checkout section, wherein they will have to specify their contact details and a payment method of their choice.
- After providing all the required information, Users must carefully review the order and, subsequently, confirm and submit it by using the relevant button or mechanism on www.directaffinity.net, hereby accepting these Terms and committing to pay the agreed-upon price.
When the User submits an order, the following applies:
- The submission of an order determines contract conclusion and therefore creates for the User the obligation to pay the price, taxes and possible further fees and expenses, as specified on the order page.
- In case the purchased Product requires active input from the User, such as the provision of personal information or data, specifications or special wishes, the order submission creates an obligation for the User to cooperate accordingly.
- Upon submission of the order, Users will receive a receipt confirming that the order has been received.
All notifications related to the described purchasing process shall be sent to the email address provided by the User for such purposes.
Users are informed during the purchasing process and before order submission, about any fees, taxes and costs (including, if any, delivery costs) that they will be charged.
Prices on www.directaffinity.net are displayed:
- excluding any applicable fees, taxes and costs.
Methods of payment
Information related to accepted payment methods are made available during the purchasing process.
Some payment methods may only be available subject to additional conditions or fees. In such cases related information can be found in the dedicated section of www.directaffinity.net.
All payments are independently processed through third-party services. Therefore, www.directaffinity.net does not collect any payment information – such as credit card details – but only receives a notification once the payment has been successfully completed.
If a payment through the available methods fails or is refused by the payment service provider, the Owner shall be under no obligation to fulfill the purchase order. Any possible costs or fees resulting from the failed or refused payment shall be borne by the User.
Retention of usage rights
Users do not acquire any rights to use the purchased Product until the total purchase price is received by the Owner.
Performance of services
The purchased service shall be performed or made available within the timeframe specified on www.directaffinity.net or as communicated before the order submission.
Users acknowledge and accept that the purchase of services available on www.directaffinity.net may be subject to further conditions under applicable law, the Terms or any other related document.
Users may be required to provide evidence or declare that such conditions – e.g. being considered an adult under applicable law – are met.
In such situations, failure to meet the conditions set forth by law or contract may make it impossible to perform or deliver the services.
Subscriptions allow Users to receive a Product continuously or regularly over time. Details regarding the type of subscription and termination are outlined below.
Paid fixed-term subscriptions start on the day the payment is received by the Owner and last for the subscription period chosen by the User or otherwise specified during the purchasing process.
Once the subscription period expires, the Product shall no longer be accessible.
Right of withdrawal
Unless exceptions apply, the User may be eligible to withdraw from the contract within the period specified below (generally 14 days), for any reason and without justification. Users can learn more about the withdrawal conditions within this section.
Who the right of withdrawal applies to
Unless any applicable exception is mentioned below, Users who are European Consumers are granted a statutory cancellation right under EU rules, to withdraw from contracts entered into online (distance contracts) within the specified period applicable to their case, for any reason and without justification.
Users that do not fit this qualification, cannot benefit from the rights described in this section.
Exercising the right of withdrawal
To exercise their right of withdrawal, Users must send to the Owner an unequivocal statement of their intention to withdraw from the contract.
To this end, Users may use the model withdrawal form available from within the “definitions” section of this document. Users are, however, free to express their intention to withdraw from the contract by making an unequivocal statement in any other suitable way. In order to meet the deadline within which they can exercise such right, Users must send the withdrawal notice before the withdrawal period expires.
When does the withdrawal period expire?
- Regarding the purchase of a service, the withdrawal period expires 14 days after the day that the contract is entered into, unless the User has waived the withdrawal right.
Effects of withdrawal
Users who correctly withdraw from a contract will be reimbursed by the Owner for all payments made to the Owner, including, if any, those covering the costs of delivery.
However, any additional costs resulting from the choice of a particular delivery method other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by the Owner, will not be reimbursed.
Such reimbursement shall be made without undue delay and, in any event, no later than 14 days from the day on which the Owner is informed of the User’s decision to withdraw from the contract. Unless otherwise agreed with the User, reimbursements will be made using the same means of payment as used to process the initial transaction. In any event, the User shall not incur any costs or fees as a result of such reimbursement.
…on the purchase of services
Where a User exercises the right of withdrawal after having requested that the service be performed before the withdrawal period expires, the User shall pay to the Owner an amount which is in proportion to the part of service provided.
Such payment shall be calculated based on the fee contractually agreed upon, and be proportional to the part of service provided until the time the User withdraws, compared with the full coverage of the contract.
Exceptions from the right of withdrawal
The right of withdrawal does not apply to contracts:
- for the supply of digital content which is not supplied on a tangible medium if the performance has begun with the consumer’s prior express consent and with their acknowledgment that their right of withdrawal is thereby lost;
Liability and indemnification
The User agrees to indemnify and hold the Owner and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners and employees harmless from and against any claim or demand — including but not limited to lawyer's fees and costs — made by any third party due to or in relation with any culpable use of or connection to the Service, violation of these Terms, infringement of any third-party rights or statutory provision by the User or its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners and employees to the extent allowed by applicable law.
Limitation of liability
Unless otherwise explicitly stated and without prejudice to applicable statutory product liability provisions, Users shall have no right to claim damages against the Owner (or any natural or legal person acting on its behalf).
This does not apply to damages to life, health or physical integrity, damages resulting from the breach of an essential contractual obligation such as any obligation strictly necessary to achieve the purpose of the contract, and/or damages resulting from intent or gross negligence, as long as www.directaffinity.net has been appropriately and correctly used by the User.
Unless damages have been caused by way of intent or gross negligence, or they affect life, health or physical integrity, the Owner shall only be liable to the extent of typical and foreseeable damages at the moment the contract was entered into.
In particular, within the limits stated above, the Owner shall not be liable for:
- any loss of business opportunities and any other loss, even indirect, that may be incurred by the User (such as, but not limited to, trading losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, etc.);
- damages or losses resulting from interruptions or malfunctions of www.directaffinity.net due to acts of force majeure, or unforeseen and unforeseeable events and, in any case, independent of the will and beyond the control of the Owner, such as, but not limited to, failures or disruptions of telephone or electrical lines, the Internet and / or other means of transmission, unavailability of websites, strikes, natural disasters, viruses and cyber attacks, interruptions in the delivery of products, third-party services or applications;
- any losses that are not the direct consequence of a breach of the Terms by the Owner;
Limitation of liability
Disclaimer of Warranties
Www.directaffinity.net is provided strictly on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Use of the Service is at Users’ own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the Owner expressly disclaims all conditions, representations, and warranties — whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of third-party rights. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by user from owner or through the Service will create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Owner, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees do not warrant that the content is accurate, reliable or correct; that the Service will meet Users’ requirements; that the Service will be available at any particular time or location, uninterrupted or secure; that any defects or errors will be corrected; or that the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components. Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is downloaded at users own risk and users shall be solely responsible for any damage to Users’ computer system or mobile device or loss of data that results from such download or Users’ use of the Service.
The Owner does not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Service or any hyperlinked website or service, and the Owner shall not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between Users and third-party providers of products or services.
The Service may become inaccessible or it may not function properly with Users’ web browser, mobile device, and/or operating system. The owner cannot be held liable for any perceived or actual damages arising from Service content, operation, or use of this Service.
Federal law, some states, and other jurisdictions, do not allow the exclusion and limitations of certain implied warranties. The above exclusions may not apply to Users. This Agreement gives Users specific legal rights, and Users may also have other rights which vary from state to state. The disclaimers and exclusions under this agreement shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
Limitations of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall the Owner, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees be liable for
- any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including without limitation damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, arising out of or relating to the use of, or inability to use, the Service; and
- any damage, loss or injury resulting from hacking, tampering or other unauthorized access or use of the Service or User account or the information contained therein;
- any errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from User access to or use of the Service;
- any unauthorized access to or use of the Owner’s secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Service;
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted to or through the Service;
- any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available through the Service; and/or
- the defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any User or third party. In no event shall the Owner, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees be liable for any claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations, damages, losses or costs in an amount exceeding the amount paid by User to the Owner hereunder in the preceding 12 months, or the period of duration of this agreement between the Owner and User, whichever is shorter.
This limitation of liability section shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if company has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, therefore the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to User. The terms give User specific legal rights, and User may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The disclaimers, exclusions, and limitations of liability under the terms shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
The User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold the Owner and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees harmless from and against any and all claims or demands, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses, including, but not limited to, legal fees and expenses, arising from
- User’s use of and access to the Service, including any data or content transmitted or received by User;
- User’s violation of these terms, including, but not limited to, User’s breach of any of the representations and warranties set forth in these terms;
- User’s violation of any third-party rights, including, but not limited to, any right of privacy or intellectual property rights;
- User’s violation of any statutory law, rule, or regulation;
- any content that is submitted from User’s account, including third party access with User’s unique username, password or other security measure, if applicable, including, but not limited to, misleading, false, or inaccurate information;
- User’s wilful misconduct; or
- statutory provision by User or its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders, partners, suppliers and employees to the extent allowed by applicable law.
The Owner’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any such right or provision. No waiver shall be considered a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
To ensure the best possible service level, the Owner reserves the right to interrupt the Service for maintenance, system updates or any other changes, informing the Users appropriately.
Within the limits of law, the Owner may also decide to suspend or terminate the Service altogether. If the Service is terminated, the Owner will cooperate with Users to enable them to withdraw Personal Data or information in accordance with applicable law.
Additionally, the Service might not be available due to reasons outside the Owner’s reasonable control, such as “force majeure” (eg. labor actions, infrastructural breakdowns or blackouts etc).
Users may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of www.directaffinity.net and of its Service without the Owner’s express prior written permission, granted either directly or through a legitimate reselling programme.
Intellectual property rights
Without prejudice to any more specific provision of these Terms, any intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights and design rights related to www.directaffinity.net are the exclusive property of the Owner or its licensors and are subject to the protection granted by applicable laws or international treaties relating to intellectual property.
All trademarks — nominal or figurative — and all other marks, trade names, service marks, word marks, illustrations, images, or logos appearing in connection with www.directaffinity.net are, and remain, the exclusive property of the Owner or its licensors and are subject to the protection granted by applicable laws or international treaties related to intellectual property.
Changes to these Terms
The Owner reserves the right to amend or otherwise modify these Terms at any time. In such cases, the Owner will appropriately inform the User of these changes.
Such changes will only affect the relationship with the User for the future.
The continued use of the Service will signify the User’s acceptance of the revised Terms. If Users do not wish to be bound by the changes, they must stop using the Service. Failure to accept the revised Terms, may entitle either party to terminate the Agreement.
The applicable previous version will govern the relationship prior to the User's acceptance. The User can obtain any previous version from the Owner.
Assignment of contract
The Owner reserves the right to transfer, assign, dispose of by novation, or subcontract any or all rights or obligations under these Terms, taking the User’s legitimate interests into account. Provisions regarding changes of these Terms will apply accordingly.
Users may not assign or transfer their rights or obligations under these Terms in any way, without the written permission of the Owner.
All communications relating to the use of www.directaffinity.net must be sent using the contact information stated in this document.
Should any provision of these Terms be deemed or become invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, the invalidity or unenforceability of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
Any such invalid or unenforceable provision will be interpreted, construed and reformed to the extent reasonably required to render it valid, enforceable and consistent with its original intent. These Terms constitute the entire Agreement between Users and the Owner with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all other communications, including but not limited to all prior agreements, between the parties with respect to such subject matter. These Terms will be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Should any provision of these Terms be or be deemed void, invalid or unenforceable, the parties shall do their best to find, in an amicable way, an agreement on valid and enforceable provisions thereby substituting the void, invalid or unenforceable parts.
In case of failure to do so, the void, invalid or unenforceable provisions shall be replaced by the applicable statutory provisions, if so permitted or stated under the applicable law.
Without prejudice to the above, the nullity, invalidity or the impossibility to enforce a particular provision of these Terms shall not nullify the entire Agreement, unless the severed provisions are essential to the Agreement, or of such importance that the parties would not have entered into the contract if they had known that the provision would not be valid, or in cases where the remaining provisions would translate into an unacceptable hardship on any of the parties.
These Terms are governed by the law of the place where the Owner is based, as disclosed in the relevant section of this document, without regard to conflict of laws principles.
Exception for European Consumers
However, regardless of the above, if the User qualifies as a European Consumer and has their habitual residence in a country where the law provides for a higher consumer protection standard, such higher standards shall prevail.
Venue of jurisdiction
The exclusive competence to decide on any controversy resulting from or connected to these Terms lies with the courts of the place where the Owner is based, as displayed in the relevant section of this document.
Exception for European Consumers
The above does not apply to any Users that qualify as European Consumers, nor to Consumers based in Switzerland, Norway or Iceland.
Consumers based in England and Wales may bring legal proceedings in connection with these Terms in the English and Welsh courts. Consumers based in Scotland may bring legal proceedings in connection with these Terms in either the Scottish or the English courts. Consumers based in Northern Ireland may bring legal proceedings in connection with these Terms in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
Each party specifically waives any right to trial by jury in any court in connection with any action or litigation.
Any claims under these terms shall proceed individually and no party shall join in a class action or other proceeding with or on behalf of others.
This Agreement shall continue in effect until it is terminated by either www.directaffinity.net or the User. Upon termination, the provisions contained in these Terms that by their context are intended to survive termination or expiration will survive, including but not limited to the following:
- the User’s grant of licenses under these Terms shall survive indefinitely;
- the User’s indemnification obligations shall survive for a period of five years from the date of termination;
- the disclaimer of warranties and representations, and the stipulations under the section containing indemnity and limitation of liability provisions, shall survive indefinitely.
Amicable dispute resolution
Users may bring any disputes to the Owner who will try to resolve them amicably.
While Users' right to take legal action shall always remain unaffected, in the event of any controversy regarding the use of www.directaffinity.net or the Service, Users are kindly asked to contact the Owner at the contact details provided in this document.
The User may submit the complaint including a brief description and if applicable, the details of the related order, purchase, or account, to the Owner’s email address specified in this document.
The Owner will process the complaint without undue delay and within 7 days of receiving it.
Online dispute resolution for Consumers
The European Commission has established an online platform for alternative dispute resolutions that facilitates an out-of-court method for solving any dispute related to and stemming from online sale and service contracts.
As a result, any European Consumer can use such platform for resolving any dispute stemming from contracts which have been entered into online. The platform is available at the following link.
Within one year of submitting a written complaint to the Owner regarding any dispute stemming from these Terms, Consumers have the right to initiate a mediation procedure before
- any mediation body approved by the French Government. The relevant list is available at the following link.
Definitions and legal references
Www.directaffinity.net (or this Application)
The property that enables the provision of the Service.
Any legally binding or contractual relationship between the Owner and the User, governed by these Terms.
Indicates any User who buys goods or services from Sellers through www.directaffinity.net, regardless of whether or not the actual transaction takes place through www.directaffinity.net.
European (or Europe)
Applies where a User is physically present or has their registered offices within the EU, regardless of nationality.
Example withdrawal form
DirectAffinity - 6 avenue Auguste Renoir 91320 Wissous, France
I/We hereby give notice that I/we withdraw from my/our contract of sale of the following goods/for the provision of the following service:
_____________________________________________ (insert a description of the goods/services that are subject to the respective withdrawal)
- Ordered on: _____________________________________________ (insert the date)
- Received on: _____________________________________________ (insert the date)
- Name of consumer(s):_____________________________________________
- Address of consumer(s):_____________________________________________
- Date: _____________________________________________
(sign if this form is notified on paper)
Owner (or We)
Indicates the natural person(s) or legal entity that provides www.directaffinity.net and/or the Service to Users.
A good or service available for purchase through www.directaffinity.net, such as e.g. physical goods, digital files, software, booking services etc.
The sale of Products may be part of the Service.
Indicates any User who sells goods or services to Buyers through www.directaffinity.net, regardless of whether or not the actual transaction takes place through www.directaffinity.net.
The service provided by www.directaffinity.net as described in these Terms and on www.directaffinity.net.
All provisions applicable to the use of www.directaffinity.net and/or the Service as described in this document, including any other related documents or agreements, and as updated from time to time.
User (or You)
Indicates any natural person or legal entity using www.directaffinity.net.
Any User qualifying as a natural person who accesses goods or services for personal use, or more generally, acts for purposes outside their trade, business, craft or profession.